This page is provided specifically to be an easy reference with regards to the impact of Covid-19 on entry requirements into the British Virgin Islands, testing requirements and protocols.
PRIVATE AND COMMERCIAL VESSELS REQUIRMENTS
Whether you are arriving by plane, ferry, private water taxi or your private boat, it is essential that anyone entering the country is FULLY VACCINATED and HAS A NEGATIVE PCR OR RAPID TEST 48 HOURS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
Failure to present the results for any reasons such as delays and overnight layovers will be required to undertake a SARS COV-2 test on the day of arrival into the Territory. This test is available at Port of your entry for a fee. This requirement is mandatory for all travelers.
See Full BVI Entry Protocols.. (note: Dated November 16, 2021 read full page)
If arriving on your private boat entering the territory, you will need your yacht documentation for HM Customs, Immigration and Department of Health along with your private boat registration and insurance. Check-in can be done at West End or Road Town ports of entry.
If you are a Foreign Commercial Vessel, you should have already processed your entry documents in advance. If you have not, please contact Ultimate Vacation BVI immediately.
The Spring Regatta has partnered with Ultimate Vacation BVI, (UV) an agency, to assist with all documentation necessary for checking in and out of the country, including facilitating your health protocol requirements. As official agents Ultimate Vacation BVI works directly with the Virgin Islands Authorities (HM Customs, Immigration, and Health Department) to streamline the clearance procedures of vessels entering and departing the territory.
Vessels that opt to pay for the services of Ultimate Vacation BVI, the official agent for the event, will enjoy the following benefits:
- Vessels will be authorized to report directly to Nanny Cay Marinaprior to reporting inbound (fully vaccinated captain and crew only).
- Ultimate Vacation BVI will process the clearances of vessel (inbound and outbound).
- Ultimate Vacation BVI will process Customs, Immigration and Health documentation.
- Ultimate Vacation BVI willbe available if other services are required.
- NOTE: This service is ONLY for vessels who pay to use Ultimate Vacation BVI.
Foreign Commercial Charter Vessels will need Charter Authorization from HM Customs. As a proud sponsor of BVI Spring Regatta 2022, Ultimate Vacation BVI will offer these services at a discounted rate.
NOTE: Vessels NOT utilizing Ultimate Vacation BVI as an agent must report INBOUND to a Customs Port at West End or Road Town upon arrival into the territory for clearance processing. This must be done PRIOR to going to Nanny Cay Marina or any other BVI Marina or mooring.
Ultimate Vacation BVI will work to make your entry to the BVI as seamless as possible!
Please contact Sandra Massicote, CEO/Director for more information about using Ultimate Vacation (BVI) Ltd
Please check here for current protocols
Currently the 49th BVI Spring Regatta is in 2022. We are available to answer any of your questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful charter websites for entering the BVI for Covid Protocols. https://www.moorings.com/covid19/travel-restrictions/british-virgin-islands
BVI Regatta Covid Updates
For full information check the updates page here. Link to the Government page
- Get to know the guidelines and protocols of your lodging facility and activity providers, and adhere to these guidelines and protocols
- Wear masks when social distancing is not possible, during your stay on island and avoid touching Mouth, Eyes, Nose
- Sanitize and wash hands frequently
- Avoid touching surfaces as much as possible
- We recommend for your safety and enjoyment to please adhere to the guidelines while visiting the BVI.
- If feeling unwell, contact the Hotel’s Front Desk/ hotel’s Covid-19 task force team immediately or contact the health department by dialing 856-7650
We hope to welcome you to the 49th BVI Spring Regatta in 2022.
A great resource for all islands is Noonsite who is keeping on top of the ever-changing protocols across the region. Noonsite summarises the current situation of countries that are open and closed across the region with links to more details.